Technical Designer - Mid-Level - Interior Architecture
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 10/1/2021
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
As a Gensler Job Captain/Technical Designer, you will produce technical documentation and communicate project progress to team members to ensure success. You’re a fit for this role if you have experience in construction documentation, are proficient in Revit, and enjoy working with a team of architects that bring design dreams to life. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
What You Will Do
- Provide project team coordination for finished plans, specification, and material selections; ensure design intent is incorporated into the construction documentation
- Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
- Participate in construction administration, evaluate bids, conduct site visits, address technical issues, and maintain quality control during construction
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3D modeling software
- Must have interiors experience delivering CDs, CA, code analysis, etc.
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Architectural registration preferred
How To Apply