Project Architect, Store Design
Company: Little Diversified Architectural Consulting Inc.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 2/12/2023
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking a Project Architect with a positive, collaborative work style for our Store Design Studio in our Charlotte, NC office.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be an ambitious, creative, and engaged Project Architect who is passionate about design and improving the performance of our clients through creative collaboration and breakthrough ideas.
Candidates we’ll love:
- You understand how to work with prototypical and site-adapted design elements in a creative fashion.
- You are a resourceful and creative problem solver understanding design and spatial relationships.
- You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines for your clients.
- You’re good with people – a strong listener, respectful in your interactions with others and have a positive outlook on life and a good communicator
- You are organized – you understand how to work with and coordinate consulting partners and many moving parts to deliver a solid, final product.
- You have fun while you work.
- You are open to traveling nationally for project meetings
A position you’ll love:
- You’ll be working in our dedicated retail store design studio with other professionals dedicated to retail projects.
- You’ll have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- You’ll have direct access to clients on a daily basis.
- You’ll work out of our Charlotte office with a designated work area in the Store Design Studio. The Charlotte office provides an in-office mentorship group and other cultural activities and engagements. and access to private focus rooms, meetings rooms, kitchenettes and more.
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture from an accredited university;
- Architectural license strongly preferred;
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in architecture;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong understanding of architectural detailing and code knowledge;
- Great attention to detail and service to clients;
- Strong organization, communication and presentation skills are a must; and
- Proficiency and ability to draw in Revit required
- Strong commitment to sustainable design and elevating project performance
How To Apply
Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences, and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
What to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume, and examples of your professional design work for review. https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LIT1004LDAC/JobBoard/30702fd2-636e-4886-b1ce-4fc3b07e37ec/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=fa49368c-c67f-493d-bd7c-4930b8d45d22
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of our HR Team.