Architectural Project Designer
Company: C Design Inc
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 1/18/2023
C DESIGN is an award-winning mid-sized architecture, interior design, and planning firm located in Charlotte, NC. Our team works together in an industrial open office with welcoming employee amenities and hospitality areas. We have a close-knit, fun, supportive and collaborative culture.
We are seeking an ambitious Architectural Project Designer to join our vibrant team camaraderie, community-focused mindset, and solid project management process. Working with C DESIGN provides a unique, diverse learning experience in a range of project types including Aviation, Civic, Education, Recreation, Operations and Workplace.
- Collaborate with design team in all phases of the design process such as programming, site analysis, and conceptual planning
- Prepare design concepts and presentations including renderings, and other related design materials
- Select and specify materials and finishes
- Perform research related to building code requirements
- Develop Construction Documents
- Perform construction phase tasks including site visits, RFI responses and submittal review
- Assist with consultant, vendor and client relationships
- Self-manage project assignments from start to finish with oversight
- Keep supervisor informed of progress and need for assistance
- Progressive work history of 0-5 years of experience in a professional design practice
- Hold professional license or be willing to obtain licensure
- Intermediate experience with graphics software such as Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite and Revit
- LEED Accreditation and/or Green Globes Professional Certification is a plus
- Technical production skills demonstrating the ability to effectively produce design & construction documents
- Possess the organizational skills to prioritize individual and team tasks while handling multiple deadlines
- Ability to effectively work independently or with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a cooperative approach
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues, leadership, clients and consultants
- Understanding of relevant building codes
- Passionate about design, detail-oriented and devoted to client satisfaction
Competitive benefits package available including 401k plan with company match, wellness stipend, professional development allowance, employee recognition program, half-day Fridays, remote work, paid time off, seven paid holidays plus one floating holiday, medical | dental | vision | life | disability insurance, medical flexible spending account, testing & licensure reimbursement and discretionary performance bonuses.
How To Apply
Get a feel for C DESIGN culture on Instagram, Facebook, and cdesigninc.com. Our team is committed to providing equal opportunity to everyone regardless of gender, race or background, which allows for a diverse range of perspectives.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear from you!