Architect, Special Project Design Team
Company: K2M Design
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 2/6/2023
K2M Design is looking for positive contributors to our culture, that are passionate about meeting the demanding needs of our clients, and add value and impact through expertise - all in turn contributing to the growth of K2M.
If you are an Architect and believe in Building Relationships Based on Trust and Results - we need you! Position is located in Charlotte with hybrid flexibility. As part of the Special Projects Design team, you will work on larger, more complex projects in K2M's various market types.
Leading the “practice” side of the work, a Project Architect is responsible for the production and coordination of the design, deliverables, and construction administration of a project. This can include coordination of staff and consultants. The Project Architect may serve as the sole designer on small projects or work in a team under direction of a Project Manager on a larger project.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and coordinate duties, and responsibilities of team members.
- Directs and coordinates activities of junior project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Review schedule and coordinate work load to complete project on time.
- Establishes priorities for specific client projects.
- Selects, evaluates, and implements procedures and techniques used on projects.
- Specification material research and coordination with manufacturers.
- Drafting work as required on projects.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
K2M's Benefits and Perks:
- Time off: 10 paid annual holidays, plus open PTO to balance work and life as well as 2 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental and vision benefits, plus life and short term disability coverage
- Retirement: matched 401k plan, up to 4% when you contribute 5%
- Empowered People: Fundamental that is built into how we operate
- Fun work environment: Flexible schedule, casual environment, contagious accountability
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Architecture from a five-year NAAB accredited college or university.
- Registered Architect.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must be located in Charlotte.
How To Apply
Please apply on K2M's hiring page: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1225714/K2M-Design-Inc/Architect