Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) candidates will be able to schedule remote-proctored appointments in mid-November 2020.
The online proctored exam scheduler will launch November 16 meaning candidates will be able to begin testing as soon as November 17. As test center closures and limited availability continue to impact candidates' licensure progress, this new option will provide flexibility to take the exam in a location of the candidates' choice. NCARB will continue to share information regarding online proctoring as soon as it becomes available. Below are a few initial details you may find useful:
- Expected Monday, November 16, 2020, candidates can schedule remote-proctored appointments through their NCARB Record.
- Candidates can still test in-person at Prometric test centers.
- The ARE content and division structure will not change.
- Aspects of the exam's delivery are being updated for both in-person and remote administrations to increase exam security and provide a more efficient experience.
- More information about exam delivery changes will be released in mid-September.
- We expect to release updated ARE Guidelines, ARE Handbook, and a new demo exam in October.
- These changes will maintain the exam's rigor, while providing candidates with greater flexibility and accessibility.
- In summer 2021, NCARB will switch to a new test administration vendor, PSI, for both in-person and remote testing.