USGBC Carolinas Present: Resilience Leadership in the CarolinasWhen: 05/19/2021
Resilience leaders illustrate how green building achieves resilience goals to create safer, more equitable places to call home.
Our climate is changing rapidly, the effects are growing worse with each passing season. Resiliency is at the forefront of discussions to combat climate change it has many perspectives, specialties and has many faces. The Carolinas are leading the way on a national level, join us to engage local and regional resilience leaders to gain insight into the proactive approaches they are taking. Learn what we can and should be doing to address adaptation, mitigation and social equity while generating optimistic results.
Approved: 1.5 GBCI CE Hours
- Katherine Hammack - Director, Special Proejcts, USGBC
- Jim Fox - Senior Resilience Associate, NEMAC Fernleaf
- Beth Schrader - Chief Strategy Officer and Hurricane Florence Recovery Manager, New Hanover County
- David Johnston - Chair, Charleston Resilience Network & Founder & CEO of Hamilton Advisors, LLC
- Explain how to create collaborative networks for positive change.
- Identify ways we can take action to create resilient buildings and communities while addressing social equity.
- Describe how resiliency is focused at many levels buildings, networks, communities, infrastructure, policy, and more.
- Discuss available metrics to aid in resilient projects and electrical grids.
- 12:30 PM "Doors Open"
- 1:00 PM Welcome and introductions
- 2:25 PM Final Thoughts & Summary
- 2:30 PM Session Concludes & Optional "virtual networking"
- 2:45 PM Virtual Networking Concludes