Sr. Healthcare Project Manager (Relocation and Hybrid Options Available)
Company: Progressive AE
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 5/11/2022
What is it you want out of your career?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, to be challenged, to work hard and to be part of a growing team, then Progressive AE may be the place for you. We work hard to surround ourselves with professionals who are more than just good at their job. We want engineers, architects, designers and support staff who have a desire to help shape our company. We need colleagues who will help us grow by thinking outside their job description. The work we do here is challenging, and sometimes the hours are long. But we’re committed to serving our clients and providing the best solutions possible.
Progressive AE is a full-service, forward-thinking design firm. With offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina, we work on projects around the country that offer a variety and challenge you won’t find at many other firms. And we don’t relegate creativity just to “creatives”—we encourage original thinking in every part of the organization–from support staff to engineering.
Since we’re an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to see the benefits of your hard work. And in return, we’ll invest in you. This includes an in-depth wellness program with fitness classes and health coaching, flexible schedules, continuing education, mentorship, volunteer opportunities and internal leadership positions. In fact, we’ve been named one of the Best & Brightest Places to Work for since 2006, named Business Leader of the Year, received the Community and Educational Partnership Awards, and are the proud winners of the Governor's Fitness Award.
We are always looking for talented individuals to advance the strategic goals of our firm. If you are a big picture thinker with unique technical skills, we’d like to consider your application.
This role will be influential in developing the continuing and rapid growth of our Healthcare Practice. As a Senior Healthcare Project Manager, you are a relationship builder who takes ownership for the success of the practice by utilizing strong communication skills when interacting with internal and external partners, as well as our clients. This individual will have the opportunity to manage projects with a wide range of scope and complexity across the healthcare field.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Establish project delivery teams, coordinating in-house and consultant services. Create and edit contract for consultant services
- Own the project scope, schedule, and budget, and mentor others in schedule and budget creation
- Lead project start up (project number, budget, schedule, team meetings, etc.)
- Plan, prepare, and execute project plans. Monitor and alert the project team when changes occur in the project scope or schedule
- Prepare project history and collaborate in closing out projects
- Mentor team members within area of expertise and collaborate in performance planning with Technical and Team Leaders, when requested
- Orchestrate QA/QC milestones and events, lead team member coordination, and ensure project compliance through checklists and project charter. Lead team members to review project specific errors/omissions and assist with resolutions
- Own the project profit goals, including planning, monitoring, and controlling technical costs and scheduled performance. Review, monitor, and update project financial reports in a timely manner, managing report formats and information
- Advise the client in their best interest and maintain positive relationships. Actively balance client, contractor, and Progressive AE success
- Actively lead new business development and participate in cross team marketing and selling. Follow up on leads and lead interviews
- Take the lead early in proposals and contract negotiations to establish scope of work, schedule, and budget
- Your Degree: Bachelor’s degree in an area of expertise (architecture, interiors, landscape architecture or engineering preferred.) Master’s Degree in area of expertise or business administration or project management preferred.
- Your Licensure: Professional registration in your field required. CSI-CDT certification required (and training provided by Progressive AE for certification within a year). Certification through PSMJ/PMI preferred.
- Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of ten years of experience with healthcare design and/or healthcare construction
- Previous experience in an architecture, engineering, construction or related professional service firm preferred
- Advanced knowledge of A&E work standards, processes and policies
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and with a range of personality types
- Advanced knowledge of project design and execution of multiple project delivery methods
- Strong track record of effective team leadership, communication, and project execution
- Demonstrated ability as an expert planner, organizer, and project manager
- Ability to superimpose and synthesize all the different project requirements per budget, schedule, team, and process into a solution answering client needs
- Your Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with project management and scheduling tools (i.e. Procore, Primavera, Microsoft Project, or similar) preferred
- Experience with Excel DB and Power BI preferred
How To Apply
Please visit our careers website to iew the opening and to learn more about working at Progressive AE:
Progressive AE is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. Progressive AE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, disability, age, qualified veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.