Senior Planner - Advisory Services
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 5/26/2023
Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
Haskell’s Design & Consulting Team unites architecture, engineering, and consulting professionals from across industries and geographies. While some clients are looking for turnkey design-build or engineer-procure-construct projects, The Design & Consulting Team serves clients who need specialized, fee-for-service design or consulting projects. These types of projects allow our team to form a strong rapport with client teams, marshaling them as they grow and helping them address industry and market challenges. The Design & Consulting Team serves four primary markets: Government, primarily the Department of Defense, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Air and Army National Guard, and the U.S. Naval Facilities Command; Industrial, focusing on food and beverage, consumer products, and utilities; Civil Infrastructure; and Healthcare.
In this role, you will create site and facility design, planning, and programming with a thorough understanding of strategic, functional, and operational requirements of various hospital-based and ambulatory service lines. You will provide day-to-day oversite of project teams. As well as work with clients and client executives in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Analyze and interpret facility data to provide advice to healthcare clients on how to solve problems, create value, improve growth, and maximize business efficiency
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and workshops
- Lead multiple projects
- Manage project scope deliverables and pricing
- Identify staffing needs
- Develop blog content and internally present research on industry market trends
- Develop floor plan concepts that respond to clinical operations, industry trends, technology development, and strategic initiatives
- Develop space programs and draft functional programs and provide guidance to others
- Draw findings and communicate takeaways to clients to bring conclusion and direction to a project at each stage of the process
- Guide project messaging and drive the engagement toward the appropriate recommendation and/or implementation
- Provide QA & QC past and present projects serving as a mentor to project team members
- Develop marketing materials, write proposals, lead client interviews and sales cycle
- Navigate client relationships through conflict to a successful outcome
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Travel requirements are approximately 3-5 nights/week
- Candidates must possess a relevant undergraduate or master’s degree in architecture, or 10+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a consulting or architectural design role
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Licensure is required in a minimum of one state
- LEED, WELL Building, and EDAC certification is preferred
- Possess the desire and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and sketch-up and preferred experience in Revit
- Master a base understanding of the consultancy practice
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office and Analytical Platforms (PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Office/Teams, Internal Database, etc.)
- Understanding of healthcare planning tenets
- Understanding of various AHJ and code requirements with a focus on healthcare
- Possess basic organization and communication skills: writing, teamwork, time management etc.
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the position using this link:
Senior Planner - Advisory Services in Charlotte, North Carolina | Careers at Charlotte Office (icims.com)