Senior Interior Designer
Company: Little Diversified Architectural Consulting Inc.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 9/1/2023
Little, recognized as one of the top five “Healthiest Places to Work” by Charlotte Business Journal, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with a passion for high quality design, interior architecture and a positive, collaborative work style, for our Workplace Interiors Studio in our Charlotte Office.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a talented, resourceful, and creative design leader who is passionate about creating environments that improve the performance of our clients and enhance people’s lives through creative collaboration and breakthrough ideas.
A candidate we’ll love:
- If you are a talented designer and creative problem solver with deep experience designing interior spaces for a variety of clients (Corporate, Higher Education, Government), and understand the drivers that are important to clients who believe that their environment should contribute to their culture and success.
- If you are knowledgeable of and are an advocate for sustainable and wellness design strategies and implementation
- If you’re good with people – you are an empathetic listener, genuinely interested in people, and able to build followership among clients and teammates, alike.
- If you’re a great communicator – you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand, and you’re able to understand what other people are really saying.
- If you’re a good coach – even though you will lead design, you understand that sometimes you will be working through others to achieve the goal. You are patient and a good teacher.
- If you have fun while you work and you’re fun to work with.
A position you’ll love:
- If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference leading design in our Interiors practice, working directly with our clients and the project team.
- If you enjoy working side-by-side with other studio leaders to execute the strategic plan to advance the office through the growth of various studios and our client mix.
- If you’re a thought leader, looking for opportunities to uncover break through ideas that matter to your client and those they serve.
- If you want to help shape the evolution of design in the firm by collaborating with your Design Director partners in other practice studios and in other offices.
How To Apply
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university;
- NCIDQ or NCARB Certification;
- At least 10 years of experience in the architecture & design industry;
- Deep Interior architectural design experience;
- Excellent Revit, SketchUp, Indesign and/or other design software skills.
Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
Want to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio for review to:
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of our HR Team.