Regional Practice Leader (Industrial) - Relocation Available
Company: Progressive AE
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 5/11/2022
What is it you want out of your career?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, to be challenged, to work hard and to be part of a growing team, then Progressive AE may be the place for you. We work hard to surround ourselves with professionals who are more than just good at their job. We want engineers, architects, designers and support staff who have a desire to help shape our company. We need colleagues who will help us grow by thinking outside their job description. The work we do here is challenging, and sometimes the hours are long. But we’re committed to serving our clients and providing the best solutions possible.
Progressive AE is a full-service, forward-thinking design firm. With offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina, we work on projects around the country that offer a variety and challenge you won’t find at many other firms. And we don’t relegate creativity just to “creatives”—we encourage original thinking in every part of the organization–from support staff to engineering.
Since we’re an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to see the benefits of your hard work. And in return, we’ll invest in you. This includes an in-depth wellness program with fitness classes and health coaching, flexible schedules, continuing education, mentorship, volunteer opportunities and internal leadership positions. In fact, we’ve been named one of the Best & Brightest Places to Work for since 2006, named Business Leader of the Year, received the Community and Educational Partnership Awards, and are the proud winners of the Governor's Fitness Award.
We are always looking for talented individuals to advance the strategic goals of our firm. If you are a big picture thinker with unique technical skills, we’d like to consider your application.
Progressive AE is continuing to expand our industrial practice, with a focus on complex projects such as automotive, cleanrooms, defense, food and beverage, laboratories, packaging, pharmaceutical, and other scientific environments. To facilitate our growth within the region, we are seeking a Regional Industrial Practice Leader in our Charlotte, NC office. As a people-oriented leader, you will utilize your advanced understanding of the industrial field to further develop advancements within the market sector.
This position provides growth in your career through leadership in business development, sales, project oversight, client relations, financial management, and staff development. You will create and drive strategy to expand the regional market; this includes executing highly effective and extensive efforts to develop relationships with existing and new clients that will lead to new business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and expertise to develop and execute a strategic plan for the growth of your practice area that differentiates Progressive AE in the marketplace.
- Possess the knowledge and skills needed to develop business initiatives, effectively interview, negotiate, and close deals.
- Support, encourage, and challenge your team members that are engaged on their projects, so they remain enthusiastic about their roles on the project and within the company.
- Identify staff in your team who show acumen and interest toward business development. Work with your Team Leader to provide these identified individuals with opportunities to grow their skills to enhance future market expansion and succession.
- Engage with your project teams to maintain the overall client experience and quality of the work.
- Collaborate with Teams Leaders regarding the profitability of projects. Ensure that you engage with key stakeholders to keep the right balance between what is promised through the contract and the expectations of the client.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop new client relationships, along with maintaining established relationships.
- Provide senior client leadership and project oversight as appropriate, including:
- Understand the client’s business drivers, capital planning process, and key performance measures as evidenced by the proven ability to be a strong internal client advocate and strategic business partner.
- Build value by expanding clients’ perspectives to unseen risks, missed opportunities, and alternative creative ideas and concepts.
- Advanced consultative skills and consistently enhance credibility with clients by being an insightful problem-solver and a key resource for achieving client business objectives.
- Work with our Marketing Team to establish yourself as a thought leader and subject matter expert in your practice area. Promote expertise through national speaking engagements and publications in market environments.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Team to determine projects to pursue and to ensure timely response to proposal requests.
- Work with other Practice Leaders to increase consistency, expand knowledge, share experiences to improve collaboration and to encourage cross-selling to meet business development objectives across all markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering required. MBA, Master’s Degree, or other advanced education is a plus.
- Registered Architect or Engineer holding a license, registration, or certification in your area of expertise.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in areas of design or planning, with a strong background in industrial projects.
- LEAN, CGMP, or Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- You should also have demonstrated the following throughout your career:
- A proven record of business development, including identifying leads, building a network, establishing national client relationships, developing strategies, and winning work.
- Experience with national speaking engagements, blogs, white papers, and publications efforts.
- Comfort interacting at the highest executive levels within organizations.
- A broad portfolio of completed projects, which are relevant to the strategic goals and objectives of the industrial practice.
- Leadership in your practice, demonstrated on the basis client references, project portfolio, industrial knowledge, and your competencies.
How To Apply
Please visit our careers website to iew the opening and to learn more about working at Progressive AE:
Progressive AE is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. Progressive AE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, disability, age, qualified veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.