Project Manager - Workplace Interior Design
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 10/1/2021
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
As a Gensler Design Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. Grow your project management experience while working on trendsetting projects across industries.
What You Will Do
- Manage all phases of corporate interiors projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
- Manage project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers, job captains and graphic designers
- Track financial performance of project
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- 10-15 years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager on a range of corporate interiors project types
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on projects
How To Apply