Company: Progressive AE
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 6/10/2022
What is it you want out of your career?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow, to be challenged, to work hard and to be part of a growing team, then Progressive AE may be the place for you. We work hard to surround ourselves with professionals who are more than just good at their job. We want engineers, architects, designers and support staff who have a desire to help shape our company. We need colleagues who will help us grow by thinking outside their job description. The work we do here is challenging, and sometimes the hours are long. But we’re committed to serving our clients and providing the best solutions possible.
Progressive AE is a full-service, forward-thinking design firm. With offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina, we work on projects around the country that offer a variety and challenge you won’t find at many other firms. And we don’t relegate creativity just to “creatives”—we encourage original thinking in every part of the organization–from support staff to engineering.
Since we’re an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to see the benefits of your hard work. And in return, we’ll invest in you. This includes an in-depth wellness program with fitness classes and health coaching, flexible schedules, continuing education, mentorship, volunteer opportunities and internal leadership positions. In fact, we’ve been named one of the Best & Brightest Places to Work for since 2006, named Business Leader of the Year, received the Community and Educational Partnership Awards, and are the proud winners of the Governor's Fitness Award.
We are always looking for talented individuals to advance the strategic goals of our firm. If you are a big picture thinker with unique technical skills, we’d like to consider your application.
As the Project Manager, you are responsible for leading your project team to success and for effective client engagement. This position includes working on a variety of projects simultaneously, from large scale e-commerce and logistics centers to Fortune 500 automotive dealers. You will manage key, high priority client relationships for the organization. This role entails utilizing a fast-paced and servant leadership mindset to ensure that projects are completed within established quality, budget, and schedule constraints. As a leader, you will inspire, motivate, and manage your interdisciplinary teams by partnering with them to remove barriers and drive projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute with project goal setting and follows through with the team.
- Lead effective team meetings and set up team members to be successful.
- Interview and create agreements with required consultants.
- Utilize Progressive’s Design Revolution Process standards for process delivery in line with Performance Based Design.
- Model positive behaviors, values, mutual respect, collaboration and ethical standards of the practice.
- Lead project start up (project number, budget, schedule, team meetings, etc.) and prepare and execute project plans.
- Monitor and alert the project team when changes occur in the project scope.
- Seal documents, when appropriate.
- Prepare project history and collaborate in closing out projects.
- Mentor team members within area of expertise and may collaborate in performance planning with Technical and Team Leaders, when requested.
- Orchestrate QA/QC milestones and events, lead team member coordination and ensure project compliance through checklists and project charter.
- Lead team members to review project specific errors/omissions and assist with resolutions.
- Plan, monitor and control technical costs and scheduled performance, including reviewing, monitoring, and updating project financial reports in a timely manner.
- Lead the team to achieve project profit goals.
- Serve the client’s best interest and maintain positive relationships. Understand what it takes to make projects successful.
- Define marketing opportunities and follow up on project.
- Lead creation of proposals and participate in interviews.
- Take the lead early in proposals and contract negotiations to establish scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Your Degree: Bachelor’s degree in an area of expertise. Master’s degree a plus.
- Your Licensure:
- Professional registration in your field required.
- CSI-CDT certification preferred, or willing to obtain.
- Certification through PSMJ/PMI preferred.
- Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with AE projects, including a minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Experience in navigating and reviewing construction documentation and with QA/QC processes required.
- Background as an architect. If no architectural background, experience with automotive or industrial/logistics/distribution AE projects is required.
- Solid working knowledge of building systems and engineering processes required.
- Experience managing multiple ongoing projects in different stages simultaneously required.
- Prior experience with national client accounts or programs is preferred.
- Your Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience in Project, SharePoint, and Teams preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Vision and Project Planning preferred.
- Microsoft Project or Smartsheet experience is a plus.
- Revit or Bluebeam experience is a plus.
How To Apply
Visit https://www.progressiveae.com/careers/ to learn more about working at Progressive AE and to apply to open positions.
Progressive AE is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. Progressive AE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, disability, age, qualified veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.