Entry Level Architectural Designer
Company: Cunningham | Quill Architects
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 5/1/2023
Cunningham | Quill Architects is a nationally-recognized, award-winning architectural practice based in Charlotte and Washington, DC. A team of over 20 architects and designers who work across both offices, Cunningham | Quill Architects is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and the highest level of quality design in all of our diverse projects. We believe that the strength of each project is only realized through a collaborative approach to design that includes rigorous participation at all levels of project staff. Our employees are engaged throughout the process working closely with Principals and senior project architects from concept to completion in an open studio format.
Each member of our team plays a critical part in the overall success of our endeavors. We encourage personal and professional development at all levels, from the completion of AXP/ARE, and LEED-AP to on-going continuing education and professional participation in and out of the office. We believe that Architects have a unique opportunity to serve the profession and our communities through leadership in the design process and the development of the built environment.
We are looking for an entry level Architectural Designer to join our growing office in Uptown Charlotte. Architectural Designers support our diverse projects which include multi-family and single-family residential, institutional, adaptive reuse, commercial and mixed-used planning and development.
- Experience working as a designer within a collaborative architectural environment;
- Degree in Architecture from NCARB accredited program;
- Motivation to obtain Professional Registration and LEED certification;
- Self-starter with strong conceptual design skills and critical design thinking;
- Strong organization and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent project tasks;
- Strong graphic presentation skill sets across the different platforms;
- Ability to learn building and zoning codes and other professional practice criteria through independent research and in close mentorship with senior level team members;
- Required program experience: Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Adobe Suite;
- Provide critical design assistance on multiple and complex commercial, institutional and residential projects;
- Assist with production and coordination of all phases of design documentation;
- Seek creative and innovative solutions through design research, iterative studies, and documentation;
- Perform material and building systems research and coordination of project specifications;
- Assist with the production of graphics for design presentations for internal, client, and regulatory reviews;
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with team members, consultants and clients;
- Actively pursue networking and professional growth opportunities;
- Be willing and eager to collaborate with teammates in the Washington, DC office on diverse project types and multiple project locations.
How To Apply
Please address all materials to Mr. Ralph Cunningham, FAIA and Mr. David Coxson, AIA. Submit your cover letter, resume, and professional / school work samples (total 10MB or less) to email@example.com.
Applications not following the above criteria will not be considered.