Entry Level Architectural Designer
Company: Cone Architecture
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 11/11/2022
Cone Architecture is seeking a full time Entry Level Architectural Designer to join the team on-site in our recently founded Charlotte office. We are an established and expanding firm of 17 architects and designers across two offices – located in Seattle, WA and Charlotte, NC. While we are geographically located in two places, we are a tight-knit group who leans into cross-country collaboration. Our Charlotte office was founded in 2021 with a team of two – we are now looking to add a third teammate who is excited both about the grassroots nature of growing an office, and the opportunity to work with a great group of designers on both coasts.
Cone was founded in Seattle in 2015 with the goal of making a collective impact on the future of housing. We specialize in impactful architecture for the urban environment with expertise in residential design at multiple scales. Our body of work contains projects in the single family, multifamily, and commercial sectors. We pride ourselves on a collaborative practice – one in which ideas are shared freely, where concepts and design solutions are strengthened by the collective group.
Responsibilities of an Entry Level Architectural Designer include:
- Development of Revit models through collaboration with project team
- Assistance with production and coordination of all permit set sheets
- Collaboration on design with project team
- Assisting with creation of graphics, diagrams, and renderings for client and design review presentations
- Preparation for and participation in team, client, and consultant meetings
- Ability and desire to learn building and zoning code through independent research and under the mentorship of Project Captain and Project Manager.
In addition to the responsibilities noted above, the next Cone Charlotte team member would possess:
- Ability to collaborate with teammates in the Seattle office efficiently
- Interest in working on projects in both Seattle and Charlotte
- Interest in developing and implementing marketing strategies for a growing office
- Robust graphic skills for advertising materials
- Strong networking and communication skills
A strong applicant will possess:
- Minimum 1-year professional experience in an architectural office. Experience with multifamily projects a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite with basic knowledge of Auto CAD and Sketchup.
- Strong rendering and graphic skills.
- Solid self-organization and time management abilities with a strong sense of accountability for and ownership of work.
- Clear and confident communication style and problem-solving initiative
- A Bachelor of Architecture degree or higher
How To Apply
We pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, as well as an annual professional development stipend and AXP/ARE support. Cone strives to create a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters learning and growth at all stages.
If this sounds exciting to you and you’d like to learn more, please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls, please). We look forward to meeting you!