Design Manager - Design Development (Architect)
Company: Cluck Design Collaborative
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 6/6/2022
The purpose of Cluck is to offer “KIck Ass Solutions that Enrich Lives”
Cluck Design Collaborative PLLC was established in 2005. We work with fellow Architects, Contractors, artists, craftsmen, estimators and others outside the traditional Architectural model where appropriate. The result is design that is smart, socially responsible and super cool.
Cluck is a Charlotte-based Architecture firm born out of a mutual respect for solutions and making design
accessible. In the last fifteen years, cofounders Kevin Kennedy and Chris Scorsone have compiled a unique
portfolio of global projects (India and Haiti Projects included) spanning across each Architectural project type as well as furniture and product design.
We operate out of Charlotte, NC and New York, NY.
We have seventeen Cluck employees: Two Partners, Three Project Directors, Three Design Managers, a Brand Manager, a Marketing Coordinator, Five Job Captains, an Office Manager and a Financial Manager.
- Develop, oversee, and ensure the meticulous management of all Kick-Ass Design Development Drawings and Documents required for Pricing.
- Ensure building codes and regulations are adhered to from pre-planning to completion.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects as assigned by Project Director.
- Develop, manage, and draft drawing packages (for all phases of projects including SD, DD, and CD) for architectural coordination.
- Provide practical and effective problem-solving input to help resolve design/detailing issues and challenges.
- Perform site visits / surveys.
- Produce project documentation and production schedule according to the overall project deliverables schedule.
- Delegate and manage tasks to Job Captains.
- Establish trust with Cluck staff, clients, contractors, client contacts and their contractors/consultants.
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to discuss bids, costs and related specifications.
- Coordinate drawings with MEP, Structural Engineers and other consultants.
- Address comments and requests from engineers and provide edits.
- Complete plan check submittal and incorporate revisions.
- Work under the direction of Principals and Directors.
- Bachelor of higher degree from accredited university in Architecture.
- Excellent graphic and architectural design skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- 4+ years experience
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org