Administrative Assistant – Design Studio
Company: Little Diversified Architectural Consulting Inc.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Date Available: 12/1/2023
Little Diversified Architectural Consulting, a nationally recognized “Best Firm to Work For”, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Workplace-Interiors Design Studio, with a positive, collaborative work style, for our Charlotte, NC Office.
The ideal candidate will be professional who excels in a fast paced, collaborative, team-based environment and can quickly adapt and pivot to help our team meet the evolving needs of our clients. To do this, he/she will provide administrative support of a highly complex and responsible nature, interfacing regularly, comfortably, and confidently with individuals at all levels both inside and outside the company.
A candidate we will love
- A talented problem solver who thrives in team settings.
- Someone knowledgeable with the architectural profession and nuances within our industry.
- An individual who quickly masters new and evolving software and programs used in the course of their work.
- A great communicator and coordinator of project information
- An individual who is passionate about assisting our Project Managers and Designers in achieving project excellence.
- A continuous learner who likes to have fun and make a meaningful impact on those around them.
- Someone who is organized and loves to help others organize their days, projects, and meetings.
- A facilitator of project logistics such as meetings and conference calls; and taking meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performing proactive follow-up.
- Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is eager to grow and build their career.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an architectural firm or other professional services firm is required; construction industry experience beneficial.
- An in-depth knowledge of architectural firm practices, policies and organization in the performance of duties.
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience using document management systems.
- Ability to work in programs like InDesign and Photoshop are also very important to the role, graphic capabilities are beneficial for this role.
- Ability to process and compose all types of documentation, including contracts and reports.
- Experience and/or knowledge in accounting required; demonstrating a basic understanding of billing procedures and a commitment to its completeness and accuracy.
- Requires considerable discretion, initiative, and independent judgment in non-routine matters (scheduling, troubleshooting project and client issues), demonstrated ability to take charge, to lead, to make decisions or get decisions made, and to take information and turn it into wise action; and
- Consideration will be given to individuals who possess an architectural or interior design background, who are willing and eager to learn facilitation, contracting, and accounting skills.
How To Apply
Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences, and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
What to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LIT1004LDAC/JobBoard/30702fd2-636e-4886-b1ce-4fc3b07e37ec/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6d9554b5-bdfa-4172-8cfc-c95145b7d9ea
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or a member of our HR Team.